Thursday, December 17, 2009

Beauty IITEOTB

Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder:Aaron and I have been working on very easy cards. At this late date nothing extraordinary is going to see completion. So with a few sheets of colored foil, assorted cookie cutters for tracing, rubber stamps and a snowflake paper punch, the job gets done.
This gorgeous, to my eyes, hand spun and dyed wool is truly luxurious. I have had this in my stash for quite some time. Too exquisite for knitting, I stare at the strands. Felting comes to mind.

Do you remember these steel potholder looms? Superb fun and a project small enough that gets finished! Aaron wants to give each person on his list a handmade gift. He needed to be reassured that it was a worthy goal. I would much rather receive a handmade effort, no matter how humble and imperfect, than the finest gadget. So, while helping him I thought of a felted hotpad made with my treasure. Knitting changes the look of yarn, frequently a very dissappointing change. As you can see, even weaving will alter the countenance of the yarn. I will be curious to see how it all comes out in the wash, so to speak.
The machines are back home so I am embroidery central till next week!

No comments: