Thursday, December 4, 2008

WELCOME To WHOF


December 4, 2008

Welcome to Willing Hands Organic Farm. I never thought I would be blogging, but it will be easier to keep everyone informed this way. For CSA members, I hope it will give you an opportunity to find out how your share is growing. I'm not computer savvy, so please bear with me while I learn how to do this.

Yesterday Aaron and I planted garlic. Truly it should have been planted last month, however with all the rain it was not possible. The ground is still wetter than I would prefer for doing any kind of work. Planting garlic is the beginning of the 2009 season, followed in January by indoor flats. Seed catalogs have their beautiful pictures, once again initiating the "eyes are bigger than your plate (plot) syndrome. Potatoes and flowers have already been ordered. There are a few vegetable varieties from Turtle Tree Seeds that I am going to trial this year. It really is a challenge to reign in the desire for "just one more".

No comments: